Food is essential to life Therefore make it good!
Food is fuel and you truly are what you eat so don't be fast, cheap, easy or fake! No really don't! It is so easy to eat healthy and it does not have to cost an arm and a leg. If you plan your meals for the week you can save money and time. Use whole, clean food and feel the difference within days.
Chicken Quinoa Enchilada Soup
1 small onion chopped
4 celery stalks sliced length wise and chopped
3-4 garlic cloves
1 can petite chopped tomatoes
1 can green chilies
3 medium tomatillos
¼ cup cilantro chopped
low sodium chicken stock (about 3 cups)
one can enchilada sauce (low sodium if you can find it
one large or two small cans beans – I used pinto because they were in my cupboard
1lb. chicken breasts boiled and shredded (buy a rotisserie chicken and tear it apart)
1 TBLS paprika
1 TBLS cumin
1 TBLS cayenne
1 tsp chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In small pot cook 1 cup quinoa according to package.
2. In a large soup pot or terrine add a little coconut oil and heat onions, celery and garlic until translucent. About 4 to 5 minutes
3. Add canned tomatoes, tomatillos, green chilies, enchilada sauce, beans and chopped cilantro and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
4. In the meantime tear up a rotisserie chicken into bight size pieces.
5. Add chicken stock, chicken, cooked quinoa and remaining spices and stir. Let simmer about 10-15 minutes. Serve with fresh avocado, cheese and a dollop of greek yogurt.
1 Red, 1 Green if you add avocado, cheese or yogurt add 1/2 or 1 blue