Abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym!
Weekly meal Prep
Portion containers simplifies nutrition to help challengers see incredible results without counting calories or feeling deprived. The system includes 7 specially designed, color coded food containers. Each one corresponds to an essential food group and is precisely measured to deliver just the right amount of nutrition, ensuring the body gets exactly what it need in the right amounts. Plus it includes an easy-to-follow eating plan with delicious foods and recipes that put weight loss goals on the fast track! Weight loss is not about what you eliminate in your diet it is about eating the correct portions of the foods you love!
You can't plan life, but you can plan dinner, and that is even better in some ways!
Eating healthy food is easy, cooking healthy is the hard part. Planning out your meals doesn't have to be tedious or frustrating, it can be simple. Here are a few steps you can take to make planning your meals a bit easier.
- Set your goals. Your nutritional needs should be the basis of planning your meals. What do you need to eat more of? Less of? What foods should you avoid? What foods are best for you? When your body meets it's daily fuel requirement, hunger and cravings disappear and when this happens your energy, mood, mental-functioning and well-being all improve.
- Create a master plan. Once you know what you need to eat, compile a list of recipes that will allow you to stay on track. Pinterest, meal-planning apps, excel spreadsheet, whatever works best for you. Once your recipes are organized and you know that you have multiple healthy options to choose from and not get bored, you will find a little fun in the process.
- Shop strategically. First go through your cupboards and make notes of what you already have that is healthy and recommended by the nutrition guide. Then create a grocery list of all the healthy foods you know you like and of ingredients from the recipes you are going to try. It is important to only stock your fridge and pantry with fresh fruits, veggies and healthy fats like almond butter and hummus. This ensures that I only have healthy options to choose from when I am wanting to cook or grab a snack on the go.
- Do the prep work. When you get home from the grocery store don't just put everything away. Chop your veggies, wash you fruit, scrub your sweet potatoes, peel your carrots and dice your onions. I cook enough chicken to get me through 4 days and I make salads in a jar for at least 3 lunches. Prepping is a HUGE part of my success.
- Don't sabotage yourself. Now that you have planned and prepped the hard part is done. Now you just need to avoid road blocks. If you don't like brussel sprouts then you won't want to eat them when you are hungry. Don't keep ice cream in the fridge if ice cream is a vice for you. As long as you plan ahead, shop smart and keep healthy recipes on hand, staying healthy is a no brainer.
Weekly Meal Prep
There is one simple solution to all health and fitness goals and that is making a plan. Having something scheduled, mapped out and a goal that is not just another wish, but goal with a PLAN!!
That was the missing link for me before I started this journey. I was going to the gym, I tried wrapping myself, I tried the juice cleanses, I bought countless contraptions to guarantee 6 pack abs and at home workout videos. I tried whole 30 and the no carb diet. Although I may have had some success with some of these, I never held my results.
The problem was that I was on my own. I didn’t have a coach or an accountability group to help motivate me and encourage me to reach my goals. I didn’t have a simple nutrition plan that allowed me to EAT and not eliminate the foods that I love. I didn’t have a community of like minded who were all on a journey of their own to check in with daily. THIS was the missing link to reaching my goals and maintain them over time.
Why am I telling you all of this? Well, because I want to share my journey and all of it. I did a very simple meal prep this week and I wanted to share my grocery list, recipes and my plan with you so that you too can see just how easy it is to do this. I also want you to see that I EAT, I EAT A LOT and that my friends is not a diet, it’s a way of life!